Saturday, January 3, 2015

Night Visitor

There is a post that I have seen on facebook and on pinterest that I find interesting and creepy.  The post consists of many (25 I think) of the scariest/creepiest 1-2 line "stories."  I thought I would take one of those as my "prompt" for this post.  Enjoy, day 3 of the 31 day writing challenge.

Prompt: There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.


Kaci laughed as she snapped another picture of Elizabeth attempting to ride the mechanical bull.  She loved girl’s night out, if for no other reason than it gave her plenty of opportunities to take silly pictures of her friends.  Sides hurting from laughing, she snapped another picture as Elizabeth tried to stand after being thrown off.  Snorting with laughter, she gave her best friend a hand as she left the pit and they headed back to the table.  The other girls gave Elizabeth a round of applause as they finally made it to the table and laughing they ordered more drinks.  As the evening progressed, Kaci snapped picture after picture.  Some of the girls began to grumble, “Kaci you never let us take your picture!  Why do you always end up with all of the incriminating photos?”  Snickering to herself, Kaci just smiled a wolfish grin and snapped another picture.  Elizabeth leaned over and snatched her phone away.  “Hey!  Give that back!”    Not until I see what pictures, you have in here.  I may need to delete some of them.”  The girls began to toss the phone from person to person, as they scrolled through the evidence of the night’s events, always keeping it just out of Kaci’s reach.  “Oh my God, Bella you have to see this picture!”  Jen chortled.  Bella snatched the phone away, “Oh hell no!  That one definitely needs to be deleted!”    Don’t delete it,” Kaci cried.  “I don’t post them.  I just like having the memories.”  Bella relented and kept scrolling.  “Hey!  You have been holding out!  When did you start seeing someone?”    What are you talking about?”    Umm hello…the picture.  Someone that is obviously intimately involved with you took it.”  Reaching for her phone, Kaci was completely confused.  As she looked down at the screen, she felt her blood run cold.  “Kaci….Kaci….ummm Kaci.  Are you ok?  You look like you have seen a ghost.”  Kaci held the phone out to Elizabeth.  As Elizabeth looked down at the image she heard, Kaci say, “There is a picture in my phone of me sleeping, dated last night.  I was alone last night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment