Saturday, January 24, 2015

First Date

So I flexed my creativity in a new way today, I got to paint. I went to one of those wine and painting places (without the wine) and had a great time. I also decided to change my painting from the "example" and to make something that was me.  I can say without a doubt that I will be doing that again!  Anyway, here is day 25 of the 31 day writing challenge.


Prompt (Random First Line): He was older than she’d expected him to be

He was older than she’d expected him to be she thought to herself as she approached the table. She really hadn’t paid much attention to his age on his profile but now she wondered. His brown eyes sparkled with flecks of green and gold and his smile, that smile was warm and sexy at the same time. She felt that while he may be older than she thought, so far she was willing to break her ten-year age limit rule. He rose from the table and greeted her with a hug. Man, oh man did her smell good. Smiling to herself, she smoothed her skirt behind her as she sat and he slid the chair for her. Hmmm so, he has manners too, that was a definite plus. He returned to his chair and the waiter appeared, taking the drink order and discretely disappearing again. Blushing, she ducked her eyes but could feel his eyes on her. “What?” she murmured. “You are even more beautiful in person than in your pictures. Really, the pictures don’t do you justice.” She saw the sincerity in his eyes and felt her blush deepen. Normally she would make some flippant comment but she just couldn’t bring herself to do that to him. “Thank you,” she stammered. “Sorry, I am not very good at taking compliments. I normally do my best to brush them off.” His smile widened and he chuckled, “I had a feeling because of the blush. Well, you should be complimented every day.” She could see the humor in his eyes and she felt herself relax. Fighting the urge to stick out her tongue, she asked him the first random question that came to mind. “So, tell me something that you have always wanted to do but haven’t done yet.” Ok, so that wasn’t a completely horrible question she thought. Not too generic but not too intimate, it gave him the opportunity to be as open as he wanted.  She studied the menu, in between stealing glances at him. She felt like a teenager because his presence was enthralling. It had been a long time since she had met any person that had this much magnetism and she wasn’t sure what it was that was so compelling. Sure, she was attracted to him but she wasn’t young and naive so she knew that she had to base it on more than the physical. He smiled and with a wicked glint in his eye replied, “Well, I would like to do you and I haven’t done that yet.” She almost choked on her water and couldn’t help the hysterical laughter that erupted from her. She also couldn’t hide the blush that crept up either. He laughed and she settled in for what she felt was going to be a very interesting evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment