Friday, January 9, 2015

A Final Meeting

If you have read some of my previous posts, the basis of this blog will seem familiar.  I used a random prompt but built it around the protagonist of the novel I have been writing and the killer.  I purposely didn't reveal who the killer was because DUH...I don't want to spoil it.  I have done other of these little snippits that allow me to explore the characters and make them more well rounded people (in my head anyway).  So I hope you enjoy day 9 of the 31 day writing challenge.


Prompt – She almost reached her car when she heard ______________. She stopped and turned around. Write about why she can’t leave.

She almost reached her car when she heard his voice.  She stopped and turned around, staring into the eyes of her parents’ killer.  “I know why you came here Katy.  You figured out that I killed your parents.”  Katy began to shake with rage and fear, “How did you know I was here?”  “I have been following you.  What did you think you stupid bitch?  You just couldn’t leave well enough alone.  That worthless brother of yours was going to die and I was going to get away with it but you just couldn’t let it go.” “Did you ever love us…love them?  They loved you.”    Oh yeah they loved me, bullshit.  They never loved me, especially that cunt mother of yours.” Instinctually, Katy lashed out slapping him.  “DO.  NOT.  CALL.  MY.  MOM.  THAT.  EVER.”  He laughed, stepping closer, “Apparently, you have forgotten who you are dealing with little bitch.”  Grabbing a hand full of her hair, he jerked her head back and pressed the knife to her throat.  “You know, this is the same knife I used to kill them.  I didn’t think I would have to use it again but it is rather fitting that it will be here.”  Katy tried to think but she couldn’t figure out what to do.  He slid the knife down her sternum and then slid it back into his pocket, jerking her forward he pulled her towards her childhood home and the scene of her parents’ death.

No comments:

Post a Comment