Monday, November 25, 2013

Starting Over Again (Sort Of)

So this in my confession.  Almost three years ago I started on a free weight loss website.  I had finally seen the real me in the mirror and I was horrified.  I started on February 13, 2011.  I am not sure exactly how high I was when I first started but about two weeks in I weighed for the first time and my weight was 446.8 lbs.  Yup that is right folks I said 446.8.  I was horribly ashamed.  How in the world had I allowed myself to get that big?  But anyone that has struggled with weight knows that it is pretty damn easy.  So I started and I counted my calories and I exercised and the weight began to just melt away.  Along the way I struggled with other aspects of weight loss that I had never in a million years anticipated and that was the mental aspect.  I had never realized that I would have to adjust my mind along with my body.  I would have to realize that the smaller me was real and not some strange illusion.  So I struggled but I was still losing weight.  By November of that year I reached my highest weight loss, 118 lbs.  That is right I had gotten all the way down 328 lbs and I could almost taste the 200s.  However, that was when life decided to come crashing down.  I had some personal issues that derailed me mentally and school caused me to have a complete meltdown.  I don't mean like mental hospital but I was struggling...badly.  I have amazing friends and family and they helped pull me through.  I also have met some truly amazing people on my weight loss site that talked me through.  When I say talked me through I mean like I am crying and trying to study and being messaged that I am brilliant and wonderful and I got this...etc.  Yeah like I said AMAZING support.  But with all the life pressure I put the weight loss thing on hold, telling myself I would pick it back up after the holidays.  Well the holidays passed and it became well I will pick it back up X and then I would pick it back up Y.  You get the picture.  Meanwhile my weight began to creep back up.  Now I am not saying that I went off the rails with everything and I did half ass it from time to time but I never did it like I had been.  Now I will have to say that for various reasons 2012 was wonderful and rough at the same time.  I traveled and had one of the best years, personally BUT I struggled with work issues.  Back when I had been having my meltdown at the end of 2011 I changed jobs and well let's just say it added to my problems instead of helping.

Fast forward to now.  I have continued to half ass and the weight has continued to creep back on.  Lately I kinda have gone off the rails.  Stepping on the scale yesterday I had inched back over that dreaded 400 lb mark.  All I could think was how in the hell did I let this happen?  How did I undo all of my hard work?  However, I can't beat myself up for it.  What I have to do is start again.  I may not be starting back where I was but I still have to start again.  This time I am better prepared and while I do regret the weight gain I don't regret everything.  I learned a LOT about myself last year.  I found a confidence in myself that had been hidden for a very long time.  So now I just have to bring it all together and reconcile the person in my head with the person on the scale.  Once I do, I know I will be able to move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment