Thursday, January 16, 2014

See this is why we don't call them resolutions!

Yup so if anyone is actually keeping track of what I said in my last blog then you realize that I have already "broken" one of my goals for this year...well actually two.  But you know that is how life works.  This is why I don't call these things resolutions.  I know many people make resolutions and then beat themselves up or get completely derailed when they don't stick with it.  However, in all of the infinite wisdom that I have gained in the last couple of years I have realized that in order to succeed I can't beat myself up for every little thing that doesn't go as planned.  So yup I confess I didn't blog last week and I didn't get an hour of exercise in either.  I could pile up the excuses about why I didn't do those things but they would be just that excuses.  What I have done is put it behind me and moved on.  I started logging my food again this week and it feels good to do that....almost like I am getting my life back in order.  I started school this week too and man oh man it is going to be a doozy of a semester.  So I am pretty sure that you guys (well if there are any "you guys" reading this) will probably get a blog or two or twenty dealing with school problems and also ideas that carry over from school onto this blog.  I will spend the next three and a half months with my nose stuck in a book and more than likely my butt parked in a library chair.  I have two research classes and with those two classes come two very long papers that I have to write...in addition to required blogging, papers, tests, and well all the super fun reading that goes with being an English and History major at a four year university.  I will also sometime in the very very near future be applying to grad school and then sweating out the answer on that one.  So needless to say it will be a long but hopefully interesting spring.

SO back to the whole resolutions thing, since I have clearly wandered....I think the most important thing for success is to never lose sight of the end goal.  That is what I am applying to school and this semester and that is what I am applying to several of my year long goals.  I have an end in sight for them and even if I misstep along the way I can still get to where I want and need to be.  I just have to be kind to myself (after all who else will do it?) and remember the ultimate goal.  These aren't things that are whim decisions these are goals that will help me be a better me.  So on that note I will bid y'all adieu and hit the books.  I mean hell in three and a half months I will have TWO diplomas in my hand and I want a kick ass gpa to go right along with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment