Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year blah blah blah

No this isn't one of those YAY! new year new me blogs.  This isn't to bash people that do the new year new me thing but I have found that making the stereotypical resolutions just doesn't work for me.  I do have some things that I want to work on this year but I don't consider them resolutions...instead they are goals for the year.  This may just be splitting hairs but I think resolutions are usually open-ended and don't give true and believable time frames for these achievement.  So in the end they don't really work....well not for me anyway. So here it goes....in no particular order....these are some of the goals that I have for myself for this year.  I am offering them up to the internet gods and whoever happens to read them.  I will blog (probably not frequently enough) on my success or failures regarding these goals.

1.  Lose 100 lbs by 12/31/2014 - I know this is a completely achievable goal but I will probably break it down into smaller shorter goals that will help keep me motivated.

2.  Attend church at least once a month.  I know I know I should go every Sunday but I think this is a more reasonable and achievable goal for me.  So baby steps towards salvation.

3.  Make and keep one girl's night a month.  I have a tendency to ignore my friends during school and I need these nights out to decompress and just feel normal.

4.  Exercise for at least one hour a week.  Considering that I have not been exercising at all this won't be the easiest to keep but it is important to achieving #1.

5.  Go to Memphis and visit my Dad and bonus Mom once before June and one more time before December 31st.

6.  Plan and take a vacation.  The plan is for a road trip in May or June and hopefully that will work out.

7.  Get at least a 3.5 GPA for my final semester of undergrad studies at UofH.

8.  Family date/game night once a month.  Just like my friends, my family usually get the shaft during school...sooooo they should get equal billing.

9.  Blog at least once a week.

10.  Finish my book by September 1, 2014.

There are a couple of others but these are the main goals for me.  Like I said I will set mini goals within some of these larger goals but this is it.  So they are out there and I can't take them back.  Now I just have to get on the ball and start working towards them.  So if you are reading this...what are your goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment