Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

You know the days where you don't want to be bothered with anyone or anything?  Seriously, Thursday was that day.  I woke up and I didn't want to get up.  I didn't want to go to work and I CERTAINLY DID NOT WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL.  I didn't want to see anyone and I didn't want to talk to anyone.  I wanted to stay in my bed and do absolutely nothing.  And before any smartass asks, there was no depression, pms, bad weather, or anything involved.  I just wanted to opt out of the day.  I didn't of course, I got up and got ready and went to school.

Now these feelings were intensified because I wasn't prepared for the day.  I had fallen asleep the night before and hadn't finished my homework.  So after I got to school I spent my free moments before my first class finishing an assignment that was due that day and trying to read some of what I had neglected the night before but my heart was not in it.  I finished the assignment but I am sure I could have done it better.  My first class is relatively "easy" when compared with the other two classes I am taking so it wasn't so bad.  However, my second class and especially my third class, I spent a good portion of it staring at the professor like a stupid person because my brain was not computing what was coming out of his mouth.  I could hear and see what was going on but I was not understanding a damn thing and I most certainly was not retaining anything that was being said.  I kept looking around the class and thinking am I the only one that is hopelessly confused.  It appeared that I was and that didn't help my mood.  *sigh*  I sucked it up and made it through all three classes and then headed to work but I swear I am not sure that I got anything done while I was there either.  It was bad.  Maybe waking up feeling that way is God's way of saying keep your butt in bed.  I wish I was still the irresponsible girl from college all those years ago that would have just chunked Thursday the finger and gone back to sleep but I'm not. 

SO what did I do?  I made it through with minimal damage.  I came home (and by this time the weather sucked balls) and I had hot chocolate and got in my bed.  Friday was a good day.  I guess we have to just make it through those days and count our blessings (well I do) that those days are few and far between because frankly my gpa can not take many days like that this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment