Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rose Petals on the Floor

So as I said before I was going to be flexing my creative muscles on here and well a friend of mine had a really really shitty day.  For some unknown reason she likes when I write so I am writing this little snippet for her in hopes that it helps her end her day on a better note than she started it.

So the writing prompt that I picked was "Write about rose petals strewn on the floor."  Instead of taking that to the obvious, overly done and overly sentimental romantic scene, this is what I came up with instead.  Enjoy!

     Detective Chris Robinson made his way towards Katy's apartment.  Stopping short of the door way, he noticed that the door was slightly ajar.  Chris unholstered his Beretta and approached with caution.  He knew there was no way that Katy would leave her door open on purpose, she was way to cautious of a girl to do that.  Bracing himself for what was to come, he pushed open the door and announced his presence, "HPD!  Katy are you ok?"  The stillness of the apartment coupled with the scene that lay before him chilled him and filled his soul with dread.  His feet crunched the glass as he made his way into the room.  Bright red rose petals, glass, water, and blood were strewn across the floor.  Stepping carefully, he continued to check the apartment.  Empty, completely empty.  Grabbing his radio to call in the report and request CSI, Chris turned back and saw what he had missed as he came in, a bloody hand print on the door frame as if someone was trying to keep from being dragged out the door.  His hope now was that he would find Katy in time.

1 comment:

  1. Some unknown reason psh because you are a great writer.... duh!!! I love it! This made the ending of my night superb!!! ......I want more lol thank you so much L!!!!

    ReplyDelete